Activities and Sightseeing
Aiken, SC boasts a wide variety of events and festivals throughout the year. From horse racing, polo, or a walk in Hitchcock Woods, there's always something to do in Aiken. Be sure to ask one of the helpful members of our front desk staff for ways to make your visit more enjoyable.
There is a wide variety of fun packed into the town of Aiken, SC. Activities include parks, ponds, horseback riding, golf and group tours. Please feel free to contact Houndslake about making your stay in Aiken more memorable!
Yearly events of note:
- February- Reenactment of the Battle of Aiken
- March- Aiken's Triple Crown horse races on three successive weekends in March
- April- The Master's Golf Tournament in nearby Augusta, GA
- May- Lobster Race and Oyster Parade
- September- Aiken's Makin' festival
- October- Fall Steeplechase